Plant tour rules
If you are touring our Southerly Wastewater Treatment Plant during Clean Water Fest, here are the rules to follow:
- Registration required. Tours are every 15 minutes and each tour has 40 available slots. When you arrive at the event, go to the Plant Tours tent to claim your time slot while they last. Tours fill quickly.
- Proper footwear is required: Closed-toe hard-soled shoes. No sandals or flip flops will be permitted. Boots and sneakers are OK. Crocs are OK if there are no holes in the toe and the strap is around the ankle. Our staff reserves the right to remove guests from tours for their safety.
- Wear your tour timeslot badge provided at the Plant Tour registration tent.
- Please be at the tour bus stop at least 5 minutes before departure time.
- Keep your hard hat and safety glasses on.
- You can keep your hard hat. Consider it a sewer souvenir.
- Do not hang or reach over guard rails.
- This is a working treatment plant. Please be aware of your surroundings and listen to your tour guide.